2017-2018 Upward Season
Register Online at http://registration.upward.org/UPW65376
This year we would like to invite you and your child to participate in our Upward Basketball Program. Upward promotes an opportunity to learn the game of basketball in an environment that is welcoming to players of all levels.
Upward is a "participant draft league," this means that it uses an evaluation process to build the teams in a balanced way. Because of this system, we cannot receive friend requests, carpool links or coaching requests. Players will be placed on teams based off their evaluation performance.
Returning players, please read information carefully as there are new rules and formats to our league this year at Memorial Baptist Church.
2017 - 2018 League Information
- Registration begins September 19th
- Early registration cost is $120, after November 11th cost will increase to $130.
- Deadline for Registration is November 30th.
- Practices begin Tuesday, December 5th, 6:00-8:00 PM.
- Please note, teams will be assigned either a Tuesday or Thursday Practice time. We will NOT be able to accommodate requests for practice days or times.
- Games begin Friday, January 5th for K5 through 2nd Grade, 6:00-8:00 PM
- Games begin Saturday, January 6th for 3rd through 6th Grade, 9:00-12:00 PM
- Everyone must attend evaluation nights for their grade level.
- Boys and Girls 1st through 4th Grade will be November 7th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Boys and Girls 5th and 6th Grade will be November 9th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- K5 will NOT have an evaluation night as it is an instructional league.
K5 Instructional League Information
- Instructional league for children ages 5 and/or enrolled in Kindergarten
- Teams are CoEd
- Practice and Games are on Friday Nights
- One meeting time per week, part of the time will be for drills and skill development, rest of the time will be devoted to controlled game time.
5th and 6th Grade Competitive League
- Teams will be divided by gender
- Gameplay rules will follow Middle School Basketball rules.
- Evaluations are required
Participants will be evaluated by officials as they play 2 on 2 basketball for 5 minutes. Please come in proper basketball attire (Please note, this is a new system.)
Team and Individual pictures will be taken during the middle of the season, exact dates TBA.
League Contact Information